Friday, February 1, 2013

Black History Month Quote of the Day: Day 1

Every year I feel there is less and less celebration of Black History Month. So I always try to do something, even if its the smallest thing to show some participation. I do this on my own personal Facebook account but I'd like to blog about this idea as well and that is a picture a day along with a quote by an African-American (last year I did a picture a day along with a little fact). Not all of them necessarily are directed at the African-American community. Some are just funny, some are quotes to live by etc. So to start of this month heres a quote by former football player and current politician Lynn Swann.
"This being Black History Month, I would like to ask people to celebrate the similarities and not focus on the differences between people of color and not of color."

No comments:

Post a Comment