Sunday, December 23, 2012

Q&A with Paul Cook of Paul Cook and the Chronicles

If you haven't noticed by now by my many posts about 'Paul Cook and the Chronicles' (ex. #4 on my list of my top 10 favorite songs of 2012) I'm a big fan of his, borderline obsession probably. I was able to do a Q&A interview with Paul Cook and here is a look into his musical world. Be sure to show him support by buying his music.

Q: What made you want to be a musician as a career?
A: I heard The Beatles as an infant and never wanted to be anything else.

Q: Who are your musical inspirations and what song or artist would you say is your biggest influence?
A: I don't have a single biggest influence as my musical mood changes a lot. People like Evan Dando, Elliot Smith, Paul Simon, Gram Parsons are the songwriters I return to again and again

Q: What the process you go through when you’re making music?
A: I wait until I'm miserable about something then get the guitar! Sometimes a whole song comes out, but I also have hundreds of verses or choruses sitting around waiting to be finished off.

Q: I have a huge obsession with the song ‘Candlelight’ from your album ‘Paul Cook & The Chronicles - Volume One’. What inspired that song?

A: A theme I always return to is hope & heartache. At the time I'd just started seeing a girl I knew was probably out of my league and was pretty sure it would end badly. Needless to say it did, but in the early stages of a relationship like that there's so much wanting.

Q: What is your personal favorite song off the album and why?
A: Girl Trouble. It's the song I listen to on my ipod when I'm on my way home drunk and remember the crazy situation that was going on when I wrote it.

Q: I know you’ve toured in the U.K but is there any chance of you touring in the U.S anytime soon? I know I’d be happy if you toured over here.
A: Anythings possible. I'd love to do a U.S tour so we'll see what happens in 2013.

Q: What would you say is your greatest accomplishment so far as a musician and what goals do you have for yourself in the future?
A: I'd say my greatest achievement is volume one and (just finished) volume two. My goal for the future as always is to write some of the best songs ever written.

Q: I was looking and I saw that your album ‘Volume Two’ will be out in early February, will it have the same feel and sound of your debut album or will it be different?
A: Volume two is more ambitious production-wise, which almost killed me on our zero budget. Some of the songs sound bigger as we allowed the drummer into the room a bit more, but the theme of the album is still the same.

4 comments:

  1. Your article had provided me with another point of view on this topic. I had absolutely no concept that things can possibly work on this manner as well. Thank you for sharing your opinion

    obat herbal sakit kepala untuk ibu hamil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article had provided me with another point of view on this topic. I had absolutely no concept that things can possibly work on this manner as well. Thank you for sharing your opinion

    pengobatan tradisional penyakit kanker darah

    ReplyDelete